What is printable art?
Printable art is a super inexpensive way to get high quality art instantly by cutting out the "middle man" and without paying for shipping and waiting for days for your prints to arrive. You can print on a home desktop printer or upload to an online or local print service. You get ultimate flexibility in choosing your print size, print surface (paper, canvas, wood, etc.) and framing choices!
How does it work?
If you've ever had a personal photo from your phone digital camera or computer printed, you're all set with the concept of printable art!
1. Purchase your art from The Crown Prints. Save 30% automatically when you add 3 or more regularly-priced items to your cart. Discounts are applied at checkout.
2. After payment, you'll be directed to a confirmation page with links to download each design you've purchased. You'll also receive an email containing a link to download your files. Please check your spam/junk folder if you're unable to find the email.
3. All files are conveniently located on Dropbox (no account required). At Dropbox, you'll find a selection of high-resolution files in various print sizes. Print sizes are indicated in each filename. Download any or all of these files to your computer or mobile device.
4. Once downloaded, you can then print out your files on your home or office printer, upload them to an online service, or email your files to a local print shop. All of my designs work well on a variety of print surfaces - paper, card stock, wood, canvas, etc.! Personal use only - commercial reselling is not permitted.
What sizes can I print?
Each product listing description contains the available JPG print dimensions for that design. Generally, every design can be printed from sizes as small as 4"x6" or A5 all the way up to 24"x36" and A0. All designs from The Crown Prints are high-resolution 300 dpi JPG files in RGB color mode, which is a standard requirement from most professional print services.
Where do you recommend I take my files for printing?
If you're in the U.S. or Canada and uploading to an online service and you're not in a hurry, I recommend Finerworks.com or Persnicketyprints.com. Framebridge.com will also print your files and frame them for you as well. Locally in the U.S., Staples, Walgreens, FedEx Kinko's, Costco, Walmart, etc., will all print your files for you. If you should encounter any issues with using these services, please let me know and I'll help troubleshoot.
In store printing service suggestions:
- In the U.S.: Staples, FedEx Kinko's, Walgreen's, Walmart, Target, Costco
- In Canada: Staples, Walmart, Costco (for Costco advice, see https://snaphappymom.com/print-better-at-costco/)
- In the U.K.: Boots
- In Australia: Officeworks and Harvey Norman: PRINT INSTRUCTIONS
- In New Zealand: Harvey Norman
What kind of paper do you recommend?
This is really a personal choice, but I tend to prefer heavyweight matte paper for my fine art prints. Many office supply stores offer high quality heavyweight matte photo paper that will work well with your desktop printer. You can also use satin, semi-gloss or glossy paper for your prints, which would work particularly well for full color photographic prints.
Can I use your designs for commercial purposes?
All of my designs are for personal use only, and should not be used for commercial purposes or free distribution. Online and personal sharing of these files is strictly prohibited.
What is your return/refund policy?
If your digital files have not yet been downloaded, you are eligible for a full refund of your printable purchase. If you've ordered purchased prints and they arrive damaged, please contact me at jenny[at]thecrownprints[dot]com and share a photo of the damage so that I may get new prints out to you ASAP.
Printing at home or at the office:
I recommend using smooth cardstock or heavyweight photo paper for your prints - glossy, semi-gloss, satin or matte selections are matters of personal preference, but I tend to prefer matte paper for most of my prints, as it is less likely to contribute to glare and reflection when framed.
When printing your files, be sure your printer's settings are set to print at "original size" or 100% to ensure proper sizing. If there's a "quality" setting, select the highest available. In the paper selection option, select the appropriate option for your selected paper.
Color management: Please be sure your printer's color management/color correction is disabled before printing, or you may end up with a color cast especially in white areas of your print. Here are some guidelines:
- Epson: Set Color Management to “None”, “Off” or “No Color Management”. Depending on the driver and version, you may need to select "ICM" before seeing any of these choices. Also make sure that the "print preview" option is NOT checked, or you may end up with a magenta cast to your print.
- Canon: the naming of the control may not always be consistent, but it will generally be “Off” or “None”
- HP: Set color management to “Application Managed Color”. Depending on the driver and version, you may need to select ICM before seeing this choice.
PRINTING AT STAPLES STORES (U.S. and Canada customers):
I've been really pleased with the quality of Staples prints, where you can get very inexpensive same day prints if ordering before 2 PM (with a small rush fee).
For same-day/in-store 4x6", 5x7", 8x10" or 8.5x11" prints on matte paper:
For same-day/in-store 11x14", 16x20" and 20x30" on semi-gloss photo paper:
For larger same-day/in-store prints - printed on 12x18", 18x24" or 24x36" matte paper (you can trim to your desired size afterward):
To print larger sizes:
PRINTING AT FEDEX KINKO'S STORES (U.S. and Canada customers):
FedEx Kinko's is another great option for fast, same-day prints.
To print 8x10" or 8.5x11" files at FedEx Kinko's:
To print 11x14" files:
To print larger sizes (16x20" and above):
Printing at Walgreens (U.S. customers):
Walgreens is my favorite location for same-day pickup of prints/posters in 11x14, 12x18, 16x20, 20x30 and 24x36 sizes.
If you're a non-U.S. customer located in Canada, UK, Australia or New Zealand and interested in reviewing your local print options, please get in touch - I'd love to talk about working with you to help get this information to my customers.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more.
|Imperial system||Metric equivalent|
|5"x7"||12.7 cm x 17.78 cm|
|8"x10"||20.32 cm x 25.4 cm|
|11"x14"||27.94 cm x 35.56 cm|
|16"x20"||40.64 cm x 50.8 cm|
|20"x24"||50.8 cm x 60.96 cm|
|24"x36"||60.96 cm x 91.44 cm|
|A5||14.8 cm x 21 cm|
|A4||21 cm x 29.7 cm|
|A3||29.7 cm x 42 cm|
|A2||42 cm x 59.4 cm|
|A1||59.4 cm x 84.1 cm|
|A0||84.1 cm x 118.9 cm|
|Imperial system||Metric equivalent|
|4"x6"||10.16 cm x 15.24 cm|
|6"x8"||15.24 cm x 20.32 cm|
|8.5"x11"||21.59 cm x 27.94 cm|
|8"x12"||20.32 cm x 30.48 cm|
|9"x12"||22.86 cm x 30.48 cm|
|10"x15"||25.4 cm x 38.1 cm|
|12"x12"||30.48 cm x 30.48 cm|
|12"x16"||30.48 cm x 40.64 cm|
|12"x18"||30.48 cm x 45.72 cm|
|16"x16"||40.64 cm x 40.64 cm|
|18"x24"||45.72 cm x 60.96 cm|
|20x20"||50.8 cm x 50.8 cm|
|20x28"||50.8 cm x 71.12 cm|
|20x30"||50.8 cm x 76.2 cm|